Encourage critical and reflective thinking and to generate dialogue with peers
Discussion assignments have the purpose to encourage critical and reflective thinking and to generate dialogue with peers. This is done by providing explicit instructions and facilitate a step by step meaningful dialogue. The open discussions allow students to compose their own thoughts and feedback without guidance from the teacher.
Threaded discussions allow for more depth, without losing the primary focus. This module is formative, however it can be altered to contain a summative part where students receive a grade for their work and their participation in the discussions.
- Inline feedback on most media types
- Data export possibility
- Calendar deadline synchronization
- Upvote and/or reply to feedback
- Students read a text using the SQ3R method
- Students can better process study material / scientific articles by priming on specific topics
- Students annotate a mockup essay to develop writing skills